Your browser (Internet Explorer 7 or lower) is out of date. It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how to update your browser.
Contact Us | About Us
INSTITUTE FOR MEDICAL QUALITY
A Subsidiary of California Medical Association
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
TITLE: Associate Administrator, Continuing Medical Education (CME) Program
DEPARTMENT: Continuing Medical Education Accreditation
REPORTS TO: CME Program Administrator
This job description reflects the general level and nature of the job. It is not intended to be all inclusive.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting in the administration of the IMQ Continuing Medical Education (CME) accreditation program, both as an accreditor of California’s intrastate CME providers and as an accredited provider of CME. Works under the general direction of the Administrator, Continuing Medical Education Program. This is an exempt, full time position.
ACCREDITOR OF INTRASTATE ORGANIZATIONS:
· Respond to CME provider questions regarding CME accreditation via telephone and emails.
· Manage the preapplication, initial and reaccreditation application process for CME providers.
· Direct and coordinate the IMQ Surveyors
· Manage Committee on Continuing Medical Education (CCME) monthly meetings and follow up
· Conduct or co-conduct monthly CME accreditation webinar for providers
· Assist in preparation and distribution of quarterly CME provider newsletter
· Primary contact and database supervisor for ACCME ‘s Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS)
· Conduct PARS scheduled webinars for CME provider staff as needed
· Assist with updating all IMQ CME documents and updating IMQ website
· Assist with budget reports and collecting annual and ACCME fees
PROVIDER OF CME:
· Manage IMQ CME joint providership program under supervision of the Program Administrator. Includes responding to initial requests/inquiries, JP agreement, preparing document s to facilitate IMQ Committee approval and assuring activity in compliance with the requirements.
· Assist in conference planning including the Annual CME Annual Provider conference, CME Essentials Workshops (three times a year), Surveyor Training, and other events as needed. Includes developing marketing materials.
· Assure that IMQ CME activity evaluations, reports and information are collected.
· Input CME activity data into the ACCME PARS database and ensure continued compliance with ACCME
· Attend IMQ CME educational activities (may involve travel within California)
· Supervise CME Program Administrative Assistant
· Other duties as assigned, including occasional and overnight travel
· Physical requirements: ability to reach, bend and lift 25 pounds
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
· Four year college degree or equivalent experience in CME accreditation
· Understanding of Continuing Medical Education (CME) accreditation requirements is beneficial but not required
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in interactions with physicians, CME Provider staff, IMQ surveyors, Committee members and others
· Experience supervising / mentoring staff
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to synthesize rules and regulations from multiple sources and determine what is applicable to California’s CME program
· Strong team player
· Ability to operate all standard office equipment and software, including MS Office