TITLE: CME Program Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Continuing Medical Education (CME) Accreditation program
REPORTS TO: CEO
LOCATION: San Francisco
EXEMPTION STATUS: Full time, exempt
This job description reflects the general level and nature of the job. It is not intended to be all inclusive.
POSITION SUMMARY: Manages the California Medical Association/ Institute for Medical Quality (CMA/IMQ) Continuing Medical Education (CME) Accreditation and Education programs. The CME Accreditation program operates as an ACCME recognized state accreditor to accredit hospitals and other healthcare organizations to offer CME to physicians. The CME Accreditation program also operates as an ACCME accredited CME provider and maintains the CME educational program of CMA/IMQ.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree and two or more years of CME professional or relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
· Knowledge of Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and IMQ’s accreditation requirements for CME and/or experience complying with accreditation requirements related to other types of professional education.
· Coordination and planning of CME and/or other professional conferences/events.
· Demonstrated ability to manage a professional program.
GENERAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Ability to manage complex timelines and prioritize multiple tasks requiring problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Experience supervising staff.
· Customer-centered approach to providing service to all stakeholders (includes physicians, staff and the public) and ability to maintain a high level of professional conduct at all times.
· Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate orally, in writing, and in both virtual and in-person presentations.
· Excellent editing and proofreading to ensure high quality materials.
· Develop, monitor and comply with annual CME budget.
· Prepare quarterly Board reports.
· Maintain all records and files in strict compliance with IMQ/ACCME Guidelines.
· Other responsibilities and duties assigned.
SPECIFIC DUTIES FOR IMQ as a State Recognized Accreditor
· Manage operations for the State CME Accreditation program.
· Help CME provider organizations understand and comply with accreditation requirements through phone, email, regular webinars and live consultation.
· Maintain relationship with staff at ACCME and AMA, including attending meetings.
· Work with the CME Committee to establish and maintain policies for the CME Accreditation program that support delivery of CME at the local organization level.
· Work with Associate Administrator and CME Chair to set agenda, prepare materials, take minutes and participate in monthly committee meetings which evaluate compliance by accredited provider .
· Ensure timely communications of the CME accreditation decisions to ACCME via an electronic system and to the accredited organizations in written reports and documents.
· Ensure decisions are in compliance with national requirements for CME accreditors by monitoring ACCME, AMA and other relevant organizations for updates and transmit information to CME providers and other stakeholders.
· Update IMQ documents, applications and forms to comply with current standards.
· Recruit and train physician surveyors. Provide feedback and continuing education on interpretation of CME requirements, survey process and decisions in order to maintain consistency and equivalency with ACCME requirements.
· Oversee maintenance and updates of content for CME section of IMQ website.
SPECIFIC DUTIES FOR IMQ as an ACCME Accredited CME Provider
· Coordinate all CMA/IMQ direct and jointly provided accredited CME activities.
· Ensure all CME activities are planned and delivered in compliance with IMQ , ACCME, American Medical Association (AMA) and, if applicable, Maintenance of Certification (MOC) requirements.
· Maintain documentation of compliance for all CME activities in compliance with and ACCME policies
· Course planning includes identification of gaps, educational needs, expected results, identifying and resolving conflicts of interests, compliance with standards for commercial support etc.) and for directly provided activities, identification of faculty and venues.
· Manage activity evaluations, summarize results and conduct annual CME program evaluation.
· Prepare original presentations, may teach and/or assist in the administration of courses.
· Prepare CMA/IMQ reaccreditation application for ACCME and applications for other professional organizations (e.g. Registered Board of Nursing).
· Supervise Associate Administrator in preparing CME conference materials and marketing.
· Entering CME activities into the ACCME electronic data entry system.
· Sitting, standing, perform desk-based computer tasks, use telephone or video conferences.
· Occasionally lift/carry objects that weigh at least 25 pounds.
· May require some travel and occasionally working evenings and weekends.
Located in downtown San Francisco, IMQ was established by the California Medical Association in 1996 to improve health care quality through direct physician involvement in evaluation and education. IMQ offers a wide range of programs, including accreditation of ambulatory surgery centers, CME accreditation, certification of physicians’ CME credits, correctional health accreditation and consultation, ethics training, medical staff consultations, peer review services, judicial review members, leadership training, and a host of on-line and in person educational programs. IMQ also conducts a number of grant-funded projects. IMQ is a 501(c)3 corporation. As both an accredited CME provider and an ACCME recognized State accreditor, IMQ is in a position to impact the continuing education of physicians and the quality and safety of medical care in the state of California.
To inquire about this position, please submit cover letter and resume to Jill Silverman at email@example.com